With a culinary career on Maui spanning more than 30 years, Chef Alex Stanislaw has had the opportunity to engage with food and wine professionals on every level. They have inspired him, encouraged him, and worked alongside him. With the many honors that he has accumulated, Stanislaw recognizes that in addition to his own endeavors, others have contributed to the accolades that have been bestowed upon him during his long career as a Maui chef.
These are among the many highlights and honors that have been garnered during Chef Alex Stanislaw's career:
- Voted "Best Chef on Maui" in 1999 - The Maui News
- Honorable Mention as "Best Maui Chef" in 2009 - The Maui News
- Recipient of Taste of Lahaina, Hale Aina & Aipono awards
- Featured chef in cookbooks such as "Great Chefs of Hawaii," "Tasting Paradise," "101 Great Desserts" & "Taste of Lahaina"
- Featured chef/cuisine on culinary & travel programs, including The Discovery Channel's Great Chefs series, the Rachael Ray Show, Giada's Weekend Getaways & Let's Go Fishing
- Featured in local & national magazines such as Wine Spectator, Food Arts, Sunset, Maui Inc., Island Home, Hawaiian Style & Honolulu Magazine
- Featured in interviews with national & local radio personalities, such as Narsai David, Shirley Fong-Torres & Melissa McCoy
- Orchestrated over 40 wine dinners with world-class winemakers, including Robert Mondavi of Robert Mondavi Winery, Michel Chapoutier of Maison M. Chapoutier, Michael Grgich of Grgich Hills Estate, Fred Scherrer of Scherrer Winery, Chuck Wagner of Caymus Vineyards, Carol Shelton of Carol Shelton Wines, Jim Clendenen of Au Bon Climat Winery, Marc Perrin of Perrin et Fils and Tablas Creek Vineyard, André Tchelistcheff of Beaulieu Vineyard, Elias Fernandez of Shafer Vineyards & Bryan Babcock of Babcock Winery & Vineyards
- Recognized in culinary & travel industry publications, such as Zagat, Fodor's, Frommer's & Hidden Maui
- Had the opportunity to cook for diverse personalities such as Joe Torre, Smokey Robinson, Leon Panetta, Mick Fleetwood, Michael Jordan, Kermit Lynch, Barry Bonds, Alice Cooper, Kelly Slater, Carlos Santana, Ming Tsai, Thomas Keller, Robert & Margrit Mondavi, Bill Murray, Kevin Costner, Kenny Loggins, Josh Groban, Rob Lowe, Clint Eastwood, Joe Morgan, Donald Trump, Steven Stills, Charlize Theron, Willie Nelson, Kelsey Grammer, Gene Hackman, Phyllis Diller & Mike Kroeger of Nickelback
- Executed the culinary program for Kapalua Resort's annual Tournament of Champions Golf Tournament - a PGA event - serving the PGA players & officials, the media, the Pro-Am participants & the sponsors of the event (Mercedes-Benz, SBS & Hyundai)
- Participated in local culinary events, such as the Kapalua Wine & Food Festival, LifeFest Kapalua, Maui Calls, Taste of Lahaina, Maui Onion Festival & the Terry Fox Fun Run
- Participated in culinary teaching events in Hawaii & California, including Maui Community College, Nordstrom in Los Angeles, Liberty House in Honolulu & the Maui County Agricultural Festival